Help your feathered friends make it through the cold season with this Icy Winter Feeder.
The steps are quite simple…
1. Take a winter nature hike and gather dried flowers, berries, herb, twigs, leaves, pine cones, evergreen, or any other thing found in nature.
2. Arrange your trimmings on a plastic lid or container (see picture below).
3. Sprinkle generously with birdseed.
4. Fill almost to the top with water (leave room for it to expand as it freezes).
5. Drape a piece of string into your creation, making sure to press each end down into the water so it will freeze into place.
6. Freeze until solid, then hang it up outside and wait for your flying friends to discover their frozen feast.